Many Point Scout Camp is a week-long summer camp that usually takes place in Late July to Early August. Below is all the information you need to know and complete as your prepare for a great time at Many Point Scout Camp. Please contact Mr. Lebakken (email) with questions.
Sunday, July 31 - Saturday, August 6 2016
- Planning Meeting Agenda - this is the formal agenda for the planning meetings.
Sunday, July 17th at 5:00 p.m. at the Sumac Knoll group campsite at Hyland Park. This meeting is open to all scouts, but will be tailored for new scouts that have not attended Many Point. We will cover cooking and equipment in an outdoor setting, and follow the meeting with a campfire and optional overnight. Sign up here: http://goo.gl/WPxp60
Monday, July 18th at 7:00 p.m. at CPC in Room 10 near Fellowship Hall. This meeting will be shorter and tailored to returning scouts.
The pre-camp swim test has been scheduled for Monday, July 25 from 7:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. at the Southdale YMCA. Scouts with last name A-L start at 7:00 p.m., and scouts with last names M-Z start at 7:30 p.m. Meet on the pool deck. Required for all scouts and adults to participate in aquatic activities. If you can't make this date, you can take the test at the Many Point beach on the day of arrival or have the swim test form signed by a swim coach or swim instructor.
- Merit Badge Planning Sheet - New Scouts - reference sheet for new scouts
- Merit Badge Planning Sheet - Returning Scouts - reference sheet for returning Scouts
- Merit Badge Prerequisites and Difficulty
- Submit Merit Badges Online - submit by Monday 7/25
- Health Form - required for all scouts and parents, adults only need physical if staying longer than 72 hours. Include a photocopy of your insurance card. Forms can also be emailed to email@example.com or dropped with Lisa Hatzung at:
6024 York Avenue South
Edina, MN 55410
- Shooting Sports Waiver - (at back of Health Form) required for all Scouts who will be doing shooting
- Permission Form - required for all Scouts
- Youth Protection Training - required for all adults participating
- Equipment list - official list from Many Point.
- Hoigaards is offering 15% to scouts for camping equipment. Contact Mr. Minge for details.
- Class B Uniforms will be available to purchase for $15 departure. Sizes are limited if you didn't order ahead.
- Adult / Driver sign up
- Map to Many Point
- Map of Ten Chiefs/Massasoit Campsite
- Reimbursement form for mileage
- Don't forget to drop off your FAT TIRED bike (no Tour De Francis skinny race tires) on Friday or Saturday:
- Drop off times: Friday 7/29 from 7:00 pm to 9:00 pm and Saturday 7/30 from 1:00 pm to 3:00 pm. Bikes will not be accepted after 3:00 pm Saturday.
- Bikes must be in good running order including working brakes.
- Volunteers for loading needed at 3:00 p.m. Saturday.
- NOTE: Helmets are required for all scouts/adults riding bikes. Label it and bring with your gear (don't leave with bike).
Becoming A Counselor In Training (CIT)
Manypoint offers a very diverse set of activities. For those who love the camp, one of those is becoming a Counselor in Training (or CIT) and staying at Manypoint for 5 straight weeks during the summer. You must be at least 15 years old (In some cases, they allow you to be 14 and completed 9th grade) to qualify. Being a CIT costs $100 for the entire 5 weeks, (which is actually cheaper than not going (35 days * 3 meals a day $1 each = $105)) participants can earn their BSA Lifeguard, as well as every merit badge and award given at Manypoint, and Manypoint gives out Scholarships to active CIT's. More information is here (Bottom half of the link).
Q: What is location / time of departure?
Departure: Sunday, July 31st, Meet at 7:00 AM, Leave at 7:30 AM
Meet at The Edina City Hall parking lot, 4801 West 50th Street, Edina
Q: What is the location / time of return?
Arrive on Saturday, August 6th at approximately 2 PM at the CPC parking lot. Expect a call from your Scout 30 minutes prior to return. Actual return time will vary depending on our check-out process and travel time.
Q: What is the mailing address?
Massasoit Site, Troop 62
Many Point Scout Camp
41408 Many Point Scout Camp Road
Ponsford, MN 56575
Q: Do I need to bring a tent ground cloth per the packing list instructions? No, tarps are not needed. Troop will provide.
Q: Who should I thank for all the coordination activities?
- Scouts (Sr Patrol Leader, Patrol Leaders and Quartermasters) for their leadership roles at Many Point
- Lisa Hatzung - gathering all forms
- Jim Niemeier - merit badges and blue cards (200+ cards!)
- Evan Lebakken - swim test
- Al Lugo - bike loading coordination
- Trailer drivers - Kevin Teppen, Mark Weinstein, Michael Sebek, Joe Dalsin, Zack Steven
- Adults staying all week - Craig Lebakken, Mark Weinstein, Chris Kellick, Wade Hermes, Al Lugo